Whether you’re driving to work, school, or the doctor, it can be stressful when your car’s check engine light pops up on your dash. You may automatically jump to the worst-case scenario and assume that your vehicle needs mega repairs.
The good news is that an illuminated check engine light could mean a variety of things, not just big and expensive problems. If your car’s check engine light is on, take it into Sherman’s Auto Repairs at 1909 Mountain Industrial Boulevard in Tucker, Georgia, today to find out what’s happening.
Reasons for an Illuminated Check Engine Light
There are numerous reasons why your vehicle’s check engine light is on. However, what the cause may be, it’s always a good idea for a certified mechanic to check out your vehicle. Some common reasons your check engine light is on include:
- Engine issue: There might be an issue with your vehicle’s engine. There is a control module that monitors your engine for different issues. If it detects a problem, it will turn on your check engine light.
- Emissions: Another culprit behind an illuminated check engine light is your car’s emissions equipment. There may be a problem with your catalytic converter or exhaust gas recirculation system. Whatever the case may be, it’s best to get your car inspected.
- Faulty transmission: A transmission sends power to your car’s wheels. If something is wrong with this system, your check engine light will come on.
- Sensors and modules: There are numerous modules and sensors that govern your car’s powertrain. If one of these sensors or modules is faulty, it will illuminate your check engine light.
- Ignition issue: If your ignition is failing, your check engine light will come on.
When you bring your vehicle into Sherman’s Auto Repairs in Tucker, Georgia, our experienced team will thoroughly inspect your car to diagnose and repair the check engine light problem.
Never Ignore Your Check Engine Light
If your check engine light is on, but your car is still running well, you may be tempted to ignore the light completely. This is a dangerous idea. It is always best to take your car into an auto repair shop, such as Sherman’s Auto Repairs in Tucker, Georgia.
Ignoring an illuminated check engine light could lead to larger, costlier repairs down the road. The light may also mean that there is something wrong with one of your vehicle's safety components. This could put you at risk for an accident.
Contact Us Today
If your vehicle’s check engine light popped on, contact Sherman’s Auto Repairs in Tucker, Georgia, right away. We specialize in imports, such as Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, and VW. We’ll promptly diagnose and fix the reason behind your illuminated check engine light. Make an appointment today by calling (770) 939-2927 or dropping by our shop.